I'm a member of Chartered Accountants Interim Managers (CAIM), a sub-group within Chartered Accountants Ireland. It's a professional network of independent accounting/finance experts who are subject matter specialists with deep sectoral knowledge.
Every member is an FCA (Fellow Chartered Accountant) with an average of 20 years post qualification experience outside practice at the executive level across various sectors (public service, financial services, commercial, not-for-profits, etc.). All members have deep subject matter expertise in a range of specialisms, along with broad general management and leadership skills.
But what is an Interim Manager?
An Interim Manager can be many things but primarily we undertake short-term assignment to manage a period of transition, crisis or change within an organization. Below is just a flavour of what we do:
- helps a business fill temporary management gaps;
- undertake specific projects that are strategic or tactical in nature, where proven skills and expertise are required;
- lead change/turnaround programmes;
- manage outsourcing of the finance function;
- perform M&A transactions, carry out due diligence, work on post-acquisition integration;
- lead restructuring/refinancing and set up regulatory systems;
- implementation of new technologies appropriate to a business.
Within CAIM, there's a number of sub groups dedicated to particular areas, eg interim CEO/GM, interim CFO/FD, business restructuring/refinancing experts, etc.
A recent survey by CAIM found that businesses in Ireland are becoming increasingly more reliant on hiring in financial expertise on an interim basis, with 69% of the 250+ respondents indicating that they retain external resources in order to access expertise not otherwise present in the organisation, and that the availability and flexible nature of Interim Manager expertise is highly valued.
So if you think your business could benefit from a Interim Manager, get in touch with me directly or e-mail email@example.com.
[I'm currently the Training Co-ordinator of the group so I get to organise speakers across areas as varied as remote working, creating your brand, technology trends, etc.]